Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Anniversary (and Easter) Mikey J!




Everyone told us it would happen. We heard it one million times. But somehow...I still find myself amazed that one year has flown by since we said "I do" before God and everyone! ;) It might have flown by so quickly because it has taken us that long to recover from the wedding. phew!

photo by fabulous North Light Photography


Thank you, God for such amazing gifts and grace I don't deserve! Thank you Mike, for being such a picture of unconditional love and for working so hard to love me in a way that honors God! I love you millions!

Your love for me in ways big and small astounds me! So I don't get in trouble when I'm not ready when you come pick me up for our special date in a few, I'll keep this short. ;) Thank you for:
  • Bringing me water every night so I don't forget to take my medicine


  • Trying to learn how to cook so you can help me (even finding recipes in Rachel Ray cookbook!)


  • Planning fun anniversary surprise for tonight, even though it's killing me!


  • Going for a MAC instead of a PC (I'm still shhhhhhocked to my core!)


  • Supporting my dreams even though it's bankrupting us millions ;)


  • Being the funniest person I know (and I know lots of funny peoples)


  • Enduring my addiction to sleeping in 9-minute-snooze-alarm-increments for hours every morning (do you love it?)


  • Humanely taking care of the spiders that I immobilize under random objects until I can flee to safety and regain composure


  • Taking me on a hot air balloon ride as part of the most romantic marriage proposal I could have imagined (my head is still in the clouds!)


  • Giving me the good wedding registry spoons/forks to use for dinner (even though the saver in you would prefer they stay safely in the drawer until we have company lest the Great Depression were to strike again)


  • Bringing my car to the door when it rains (sooOOooo sweet)


  • Pretending that you don't (always) drink all my water when I'm not looking


  • Caring about my spiritual health just as much as you do my physical health


  • Letting me think I beat you in Texas Hold 'em because of a made up rule


  • Putting special treats on my pillow with blatant disregard for cellulite! (I love it!)


  • Patiently teaching me how to play tennis even though I hit the ball over the wall more than I hit the ball over the net


  • Valentine's Day scavenger hunts!!!!!


  • Using your impressive physique for good rather than evil :)


  • Posing for my camera millions so I can test my settings....


  • ...(and not getting mad that I just posted this one!) ;)





I (seriously) love you!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

apparently, for my kids, the most impressive part of this post is mike's muscle!! each one of them at a different time commented on the hugeness of it!!