Friday, September 14, 2007

Chris and Courtney sitting in a tree....

A few bold steps. Sometimes some amazing things follow for those who are brave enough to take them. Maybe it was the numbness caused from yet another round of finals, or maybe it was just the draw she felt from seeing Chris' dimples in the midst of laughter from across one of Austin's many warehouse district pubs--the Fox and Hound--but Courtney (not me...to distinguish we can call her, the "Cool Courtney") ;) left the comfort zone of her circle of friends and took those bold steps across the room to see what would happen when she followed that tug that many will ignore at fear's command. I have a feeling that after sweet, charming, beautiful, intelligent, and funny Courtney sat down at the table, Chris' dimples and smile got even brighter on the spot. Those bold steps definitely worked out well for both of them, and they've continued to walk together ever since (even through an absolutely lovely surprise engagement in Spain!). I am absolutely thrilled to be there with them on their wedding day to document their first bold and very joyful steps as man and wife!

This is a crazy-cool couple, and I loved every minute of hanging out with them on a steamy morning in Austin's warehouse district.

























Chris is a huge comic book fan (of the superhero variety). I absolutely adore the following picture (taken in front of the place where they met) because it reminded me of a fun--yet dramatic--scene from a comic book, so I tried to do a little processing antics a la spiderman.













Congratulations Chris and Courtney! I can't wait until your big day!

11 comments:

Now and Then Photography said...

Theses are fabulous, wow you are very good! Great detail shots. See ya!

Stacy Cross said...

These are fantastic Courtney - great job! :)

Sarah Q {photography for happy people} said...

How CUUUUUTE are these?!!??!?!?!?! I looooove 'em ALL! You rock, C$!

Jennifer Nichols said...

Are you kidding me?!? These are AMAZING Courtney! Beautiful work and love the post-processing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney. I saw your page from Stacy Cross's blog and thought I'd check it out. I love your work. I really couldn't pick a favorite. I love people dressed up in weird places like city streets. I think my favorite is the last one where they are just smiling. It's sweet. Great job!

Courtney Sprague said...

Thanks so, so much for the compliments! Chris and Courtney did an *amazing* job and were open to lots of fun ideas! They are the ones that made these images look g-o-o-d!! :)

annemariephotography said...

you rock!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! These are wonderful. Your work is fantastic. How are you putting your images up to be so large?

Tim Jones
timothyljones.blogspot.com

Alison Portis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison Portis said...

Courtney...i love these! The ones on 2nd street by the construction are fabulous!

Alison Portis said...

just wanted to let you know that i posted the same message twice...accidentally...that's why there is a deleted one. :)