Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Great Responsibility

In our new found conquest of home ownership, Mike and I have slowly begun to realize how entrenched we are in the big "R": Responsibility. Of course, Mike's focus regarding responsibility is centered around such things of fancy as a)the investment value of the house and a well-balanced portfolio b)selecting the appropriate insurance carriers based on value and coverage c)looking at the tax implications of ownership...blah blah blah. My responsibility has been centered on things of an even more earnest nature. Paint colors. I never knew how burdensome it could be to have to commit--out of a palette of a ca-gillion colors--to just a few throughout the house. Do I go bold and paint the colors I loooove, or play it safe and know that most people won't actually snicker when they enter our home? It's almost oppressive, and I might start taking medications soon to deal with the anxiety. ;)

What do you think about this set? (wall color is largest green square, chairs=blue+wall color green, and couch=small green box)



Thank you for your most urgent attention to this matter. ;)

P.S. here's what we went for upstairs: wall=large sqaure, couch=brown with muted teal pillows, and chairs=cream. If you came over for tofurkey, would you laugh? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely colors, Courtney!! I especially love the green! I took me literally YEARS to decide on a color palette... no joke. Good job!!

Mary said...

How funny! The top square are the same colors I'm using in my studio + hot pink. :) Looks lovely.

.E. said...

the nice thing about painting is that in all honesty its not forever.. your tastes may change and thats ok.. I love both sets of colors you have chosen and will leave you with this piece of advice.. paint it colors you love who cares what guest will think they dont live there.. and if its 1/2 broken fix it now..rather than later because later it will be worse and far more costly.. trust me..out home is over 200 years old.

The Thomps said...

Hi Courtney - Yes, I live in Pioneer Crossing, off of Samsung Blvd. I've been driving by the cottages ever since they started building them. They are SUPER cute!