Sunday, August 12, 2007

Deal Sealed

Right before drifting off to sleep almost every night, I enjoy one of my favorite recap and chatting sessions with Mikey J. It usually contains some good-natured--yet robust--teasing of one another and much laughing. I triple love it! Last night, Mike reminisced about some of his shenanigans as a big brother, and I am now positive that we are destined to have children that are naugh-to the-ty! (if God blesses us with any at all...) [For the record, I ascribe no weight at all to Mike's theory that they'll be naughty because their lives will be replete with teasing because their mother (i.e., me) insisted on naming them "kooky" (read: super-cool) names like Wakefield and Thackery.] So, back to Mike's dark side. ;) Last night, I learned that Mike, or "Sweet Mike" to all who know him, when he was a young sprite, convinced his little brother Mark that everyone in his entire family was a robot. Everyone BUT Mark. When Mark started feeling a little too convinced of the tale, he knew how to call a bluff even at the age of 4 and threatened, "Stop it, I'm going to tell Mom." Mike, apparently an evil genius wearing the impenetrable and adorable disguise of innocent brown eyes and curly hair retorted: "NO!! Please don't tell Mom. She'll cut my circuits."

Yep, I'm destined to have some really naughty kids...despite the fact that I was THE perfect child. ;)Note how Mark looks like he wishes he could sprint away in this picture....I always wondered.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Stacy Cross said...

HAHAHAHA! SO cute! :) I love that you get to just learn new things all the time about him - isn't that one of the best things about being married?! :) I love it!

annemariephotography said...

That makes me laugh ... a lot.
you are one funny girl.
I would like to sit by you again at the dinners.. :)

Amy DeYoung said...

Mike sounds like he was a good boy compared to Paul - who hung his younger bro out the 2nd story window by his ankles & sent him down the stairs on his big wheel... you really have nothing to worry about with future kiddos :) We definitely need to hang out again soon!