Saturday, April 19, 2008

Grade School Neurons

This morning, bright and early, I was driving to New Braunfels to shoot a Day After session with the fabulous Chris and Courtney. I had the radio cranked to keep my eyes wide open since it was still dark-thirty. A notable song of yore played on one of the millions of stations I flipped between...you know it, you probably once loved it: the once popular "Bust-A-Move" by Young M.C.  I was shocked--and simultaneously slightly embarrassed and impressed with myself--that I still new all the words.  (I, of course, proved it to all the truckers on the interstate by singing along enthusiastically all the way through.)  How in the world does the brain retain that type of information?  I can't remember things like why we have San Jacinto Day in Texas or how many pints make a gallon, but I can tell you what comes after: "she dressed in yellow, she says 'hello, , come sit next to me  you fine fellow.'"  Do you think there's a jeopardy category with lyrics from the past that I could win? It's my only hope! :) Happy Saturday! Picture posts coming soon. I'm soooooooo far behind, but 'you want it. you got it.' ;)

No comments: