Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Natalie: Senior Fun

Natalie is my beautiful, smart, funny, talented, and athletic niece! (And, I'm her proud aunt!) :) She will soon be graduating from my alma mater Highland High School and then showing this world a thing or two, I'm sure. Her signature natural curls and cutie smile have been a light in our family well before she melted hearts with her first attempts at saying my name ("Ooney").  She has made each person in our (enormous) family so proud, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for her. We had a blast shooting her Senior portraits recently! Nat and I shared the vision for some edgy, fun photos. My oldest sister, Lisa (Nat's mom), however, wanted more traditional images. Natalie and I have both been around long enough to learn that we do what Lisa says. :) So, we compromised and did both! :) 
Thanks Nat for a fun two days and for enduring sub-Artic temps for us! We love you!! 



This is Natalie's triple threat expression when she's ruling the basketball court! 







Mike captured this fun flare shot! Love it! 







Kaitlyn, another niece of whom I'm so proud, has never been shy for the camera, so we made sure she got in on the action. Mike captured this one! 





Another stellar Mike capture! 







Day 2: project traditional day! :)
My Mom was there for any make-up touch-ups and necklace adjustments (and comic relief). :) Love you, Mom! 




what could be more traditional than wheat and leaves? ;) 

Mom and my brother Michael hard at work on lighting control. 
Michael shows off his skills to both diffuse AND reflect light. ;) 




The model with her "crew." (Until now, I didn't realize that I couldn't smile right when I'm FREEZING!) 
Mom, Michael and Natalie looking fab! 

6 comments:

Chriselda said...

courtney i don't even know where to begin! these are all so amazing. i think *if* i had to narrow it down... my faves are the ones of her standing in the doorway.

or the ones playing guitar
or the close ups.
hmmmmmph
there are just too many. i like them all. they are all my faves.

Unknown said...

WOW!! courtney these are amazing. i love them all. and who knew nat could be such a model! kaitlyn, too. you caught true beauty! love it, love it, love it!

Stacy Cross said...

Great work Courtney! I love the guitar ones the most! :)

Jennifer Nichols said...

Yeah, lovin' the guitar shots. The first one could be an album cover. And mad props to Mike the Diffusing-Reflector Man..ha!

Mike said...

Oh wow, these absolutely rock! Im sure s LOVES these images!

.E. said...

These are all awesome.. Love your work.. will be back to check out more.

elizabeth